Social Media can be a valuable tool in helping to build awareness for brand or charity campaigns. Over the last few weeks at Olytico HQ, we have taken a look at how the Irish Heart Foundation have helped to raise awareness of their #ShowSomeHeart campaign. The campaign aimed to encourage consumers to Show Some Heart and organise a tattoo fundraising event or to buy a temporary tattoo. As part of our analysis, we focused on how consumers engaged with the campaign Twitter and Instagram.
• The biggest spike in Twitter mentions was on the 14th of February and coincided with Valentine’s Day
• There were 411 unique contributors sharing 745 Tweets driving 6,989,232 potential impressions over the campaign on Twitter.
• Not surprisingly @Irishheart_ie was the most active publisher of content on Twitter during the period analysed, sharing 17 Tweets, accounting for 2.3% of total Tweets.
• Other active accounts in supporting the campaign hashtag included @TeamByrneMx (14 Tweets), @GoMarketingHub (12 Tweets) and @marti214greene (12 Tweets).
• In terms of potential impressions on Twitter, @RTE2fm (1,968,592), @NickyByrne (1,737,860), @Munsterrugby (668,127), @rte (504,726) and @Herdotie (226,110) were the accounts that helped to raise the most awareness.
• This data reflects the importance of proactive media partners in helping to raise awareness and to stimulate a wider conversation with an online audience. Indeed the top content ranked by number of retweets is dominated by media partners.
• On Instagram, the #ShowSomeHeart campaign was driven by 2FM, its hosts (e.g. nickybyrneinsta) and other campaign partners including Munster Rugby.
• There were 168 unique contributors driving 976,032 potential impressions over the campaign on Instagram.
• Consumers also shared images and videos connected to the campaign; primarily showing off their tattoos. This reflects the value in brands creating initiatives that consumers are willing to share online and can help drive organic awareness for the campaign.
If you would like to find out more about this campaign or would like to understand more about how Social Media Monitoring can help evaluate your online activities, just drop us a message to email@example.com or complete the form below