What is Social Media Listening?
Social Media Listening is the process of tracking online conversations in order to identify and analyse what people are saying about a particular subject.
Why is it important?
Companies use social media listening to discover what customers are complaining about, what they’re happy about and what they want in the future.
In a growing digitalised world, people use the Internet to share their thoughts and experiences much more than ever before. If a customer publishes a negative post about one of your products online, chances are you’re losing not just that customer, but all of her friends as well. That’s why it is absolutely essential to the success of any business, organization or brand to stay tuned to what people are saying online about them.
Here at Olytico, we make it easy for you. Instead of you having to scroll through thousands of posts and comments, we gather the conversations about your company by using our custom software, and organize it into a user-friendly format. You now have access to the content and can then easily evaluate the feedback to better the company overall and even join the conversation to connect with your customers. It becomes a method of accelerated problem solving that saves copious amounts of time and money in the long run.
How Our Clients Use Social Media Listening:
- Smarter business and content decisions can be made by analysing the online conversations that involve your brand. Social Media Listening can help you to understand what worked, what didn’t and how you can make improvements for future activities.
- Benchmark / KPI Setting – Social Media Monitoring over time can help you to set key benchmarks and targets for your online activities and to gauge performance against your historic performance and /or an agreed competitive set.
- Better Customer Care is achieved by responding to online conversations about your product or service in a timely manner. By investing in Social Media Listening, you can identify both direct (i.e. at your social media channels) or indirect (i.e. use of your brand / other keywords) mentions online.
- Qualified Lead Generation – Social Media Listening can be used to highlight people who need your help or who are looking for a solution that your product or service can help address. By listening effectively, you can engage and respond in a manner that delivers real value to your consumers.
- Influencer Identification – Listen to identify people with real influence in categories or sectors of interest.
For further information, email email@example.com